}

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Tripping in Phuket, Day 1.

I think we were lucky that everything went smoothly and there weren't any flight delays or irritating passenger. Or maybe.. I was too happy to even bother. In fact, I don't care much about my surroundings or afraid of turbulence because.. 75% of the time, I'm asleep. :P

 Upon arriving at Phuket's airport, Rizal from TripAsia (we booked his services in terms of Airport Transfers, ATV ride and Similar Islan tour) picked us up and then it was an hour drive to our hotel! He's an extremely relax, cool and informative guy. He even prepared maps for us so that we'll be able to locate good food places! I like dealing with this kind of people, it just makes my day and transaction with him was smooth. I had no troubles with him throughout our stay in Phuket, + point!
Do look for him on FB if any of you first-timers need any help.



 Centra Ashlee Patong for our 3D2N stay!


I honestly think that the room was good enough for the both of us. Everything was simply.. Nice. Hahaha pardon me for my lack of vocab here. In fact, 'nice' is too little to compliment my views on the room. Notice the sofa there? That's where we rest our dirty ass for we like to keep our beds strictly for sleeping purposes. Hahaha.



Major love for the outdoor balcony though we hardly have much time to chill there. I'd reckon that it'd be perfect for those smokers out there because it has a pretty good view (especially at night!) and free music from Hard Rock Cafe/Hotel, that's just across the road!


If you'd notice, there is a sliding panel which enables you to view the bedroom from the bathroom. We only closed it when we wanna bathe la. Coz 2 girls mah. Sometimes abit also scared. HAHA.

Once checking in and snapping a few photos of the room ++, we head out for lunch! Ps; we were crazy hungryyyyy and thank god for the stretch of road (like 5 mins away from our hotel, was filled with all kinds of food. Be it Halal or not, you choice!).



 Chanced upon this Lebanese Restaurant and we decided to give it a try. I'd give it a 2.8/5? It's not thatttt good or simply not up to my standard orrrr we ordered the wrong food. Idk either. But what's a #win for them is that the manager, waiter were all nice and polite people. :)


There was a miscommunication with the driver that picked us up from the hotel and the one in-charge of the elephants. He mistook us for another couple who's supposed to go for the Elephant Ride. I tried telling him that we didn't pay for it but he insist that we do the Elephant Ride first and thennn the ATV. As much as I thought something was wrong, "heck care la, free mah. Just do it la." hahaha yeah that's what happened.

One thing you readers would like to know is 1) I don't like animals. 
Okay that sounds mean, so scratch that. 1) I'm afraid of animals therefore, I stay away from them as much as possible! Hahaha. But the whole Elephant Ride wasn't that bad la. I mean.. At least I get to tell others that I've been on an elephant right? Hahahaha. And the view while on top of quite a naughty elephant(always stopping as an when it likes, taking own sweet time++), was lovely. (Actually.. I didn't dare to look down so much because it was scaryyyyy! Please bear in mind that we were up on a hill! I felt like anytime I can get thrown our from the seat on the elephant and tumble to my death. Like break my neck or pierced to the wood or something. Hahahaha -_-


 I loveeeee loveeee loveeee the ATV ride. It's definitely one of the thing I'd do in a heartbeat with or without the helmet. I don't know why but there's just this rush that keep me wanting for more. The cold wind against my skin , the speed I was riding, only reminds me of one thing and.. One person. I admit it was dangerous to allow my thoughts drift away be it I'm off or on the road. But those sudden feelings.. Can't be help. 

On top of that, the beautiful scenery  that we rode along/aside to was just.. Surreal.


Half way through our full mani-pedi, it rained HEAVILY and we panicked because not only do we not have umbrella, we haven't had anything since lunch and it was already close to 10pm. So.. Just understand our "pain". That was not all, the half of Patong BLACKOUT and supposingly, it was normal. We were told to keep calm which obviously we did because.. C'mon what else can we do right? Lol.

The ladies at the massage parlour (yes they do manicure and pedicure too) served us hot tea while we wait for the rain to chill before we made our way back to the hotel and here comes the fun... The lobby was lighted up and the lifts worked just fine but the minute we got into our room, zero power! Thank god for 'Flashlight' app in my iPhone and one torchlight provided by the hotel which was kept somewhere near the door, in the cupboard. We were in the room no longer than 15 mins and decides to play safe aka go downstairs! HAHAHA. Okay fine la, we went down to eat.

Our long awaited dinner! We walked for around 10-15mins and went ahead with this place because.. It had a good amount of crowd! Hahaha how typical Singaporeans eh? 


ALL THUMBS UP FOR THE ALL SEAFOOD DINNER HERE. 

The amount of spicyness was just right for me but a bit too much for Caiyi la. Hehehe. My must try? 1. The Seafood Tom Yum. 2) Seafood Pad Thai. 2) Seafood Fried Rice.


They also serve fresh seafood as well. I'd highly recommend for those of you going in bigger groups, to pick one of the crabs or lobsters and get them to cook it for you. My guard feels says it's gonna be done really well. Look for the signboard as above and you'll not be lost. It's somewhere near to Junceylon Mall..
 
We walked further down to Bangla Road and oh myyyy the place is damn happening! Better and skanky-er than our Clarke Quay. Hahaha. But it was fun while it lasted, I even got approached my this Indian dude that said he's Singaporean and I do believe him. He asked if we wanna join and party at his club but nahhh I don't dare! Lol. Anyway, if you wanna see free boobies and any other extra body parts on "scary looking ladies", do visit! :P

Alright that pretty much sums up my first day and first night. We crashed on the bed right after we were done cleaning ourselves up. Ps; Gotta be ready at 6 in da morning for our Full-day Similan Island tour yo! I'll be back with moreeeee gorgeous photos within the next 2 days! Promise. This time round, we are rolling in the beaches. Hahaha. 

Oh ya, I forgot to include earlier that I'm staying at Patong and that.. Concludes #trippingday1!

No comments:

Post a Comment