}

Sunday 4 November 2012

BKK Day 1 & 2.

I sleptover at Tiqah's place so that we'll be able to catch our 6.05am flight and I only had 3 hours of sleep before that because 1) I came to her place late. 2) The reason why I came to her place was not only because I was rushing home after my CHANEL workshop, but it was because I freaking misplace my passport! PS; I ALMOST CRIED. Thank god AB found it.  Movingon.. Her mom kindly cooked Kway Teow Goreng which btw was pedas and that's totally good with me! Hehe. Anything's spicy is love.


 

 Don't mind my masai hair through out this trip please. One minute I have it up in a bun and the next I have it down. Anyway, from the airport, we took the train down to this particular station and then it's another 10 mins walk to our hotel. Though it was my first time there, I'd say the place is not that tough to navigate and the locals were nice to give us directions. :)



 You have no idea how happy we all were when we got free upgrade to the Suite. 2 person to a room that big was beyond great though we hardly get to spend much time in there. Most importantly, everything's clean! 


It's really easy to find food but the thing is, most aren't halal. :/



The only halal fast food was A&W and that was the first thing we had after we've checked into our room and freshen up. I love what I had but it may a bit too hot for those who aren't used to black pepper. There's just one kind of "hot" that comes from the dish. Lol. And of course, the famous waffle ice cream and root beer needs no introduction!


Red Mango is a must try for those who are in Platinum Mall! We shared the biggest cup during one of our "pit-stop". You have no idea how much walking we did and ps; that was just the first day and my feet was already asking for help!


Many thanks to the owner, our hearty-spicy-nak-mampos-but-shiok dinner was on the house! It's rare to find halal Sri Lankan food but we did all thanks to Kak Siti's connection. She's friends with the owner and we are lucky to know he in town and he gladly welcome us to his humble restaurant. :)


From the 45th down to 18th then up to 77th and no, it doesn't stop there, change another lift to the 78th for our buffet brekkie! Sure enough there are lotsa changes here and there but we ain't complaining because it was simply fun and the view was something that none of us get to experience everyday right? So it's best to enjoy while it last!

And right after breakfast, we met the rest at the lobby and off we go to Chatuchak but before that, we made a pit stop at this Honey-Bee Shop thingy. The driver got us into visiting the place though we weren't really interested. We were there for a good one hour before really going to Chatuchak. Hmm fyi, the more places the driver bring us to places of interest, the more commission he'll get and that's also one of the reasons why he said he'll bring us to places for free. So just a gentle reminder, we careful when the drivers quote prices that's too cheap.


It was not all that bad la. In fact, we learnt a lot from the guy who btw to me is quite cute but I made a couple of mistakes during the "lesson" was conducted. HAHAHA and there's where all the inside jokes begin. You see that Thai Massage Balm below? I got one for Dad because I know it's something he'd like. It smell really good also!


Should have totally tried the ice cream and yes, I bought a big bottle of Bee Pollen. Hopefully it'll help with my never ending menses cramps that hits me like a  $@$@! every month! :/


 HEHEH. Next up, snippets at Chatuchak!


One of the few regrets was I WISHED I BOUGHT MORE OF THE CANDLES AND AROMATHERAPHY THINGY. IT WAS ALL DAMN CHEAP AND SMELL SO GOOD LA. :/ 


Everything's better with a popsicle in your favourite flavour on a crazy hot day!


May I add that the Kebab was very^100 GOOD? :D
 

The wait for the Mango Sticky Rice was abit crazy, especially when you're sweating like hell BUT again, it was worth it! I don't mind flying back there just for it albeit the weather la. Hahaha. Though I choose to think that because of the heat, was what made it extra yummy. No? :P



 I wished I carried a backpack so that I'm able to carry and buy more loots. I wished I had a bigger tummy space so that I can try more food. I wished it was more windy so I can shop and enjoy the whole atmosphere better. Hahaha so many wishes, so little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment