}

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Wise men once shared.

Nothing is eternally damaged. Not even you. I think we have a tendency to exacerbate things in our minds by the way of not being able to let them go. Logically, it makes sense to stop thinking about something that upsets you, but we just can’t. It’s like we want to torture ourselves. It’s like we want to think through the issue just one more time and see if we can find the light at the end of its tunnel but we never will. We just drop ourselves further into the cesspool and we can drown ourselves there. However we just can’t sit around and let ourselves crumble when these things do happen even when we’re feeling like all of our worst fears came true and there’s no reason for going on. Even when you feel lifeless and like there’s nothing that can propel you out of it well, you’re right about one thing. You are the only way you will be propelled out, one small step at a time. And you remember, that even if you are temporarily hurt, you will not be broken forever. - Ard R.


Today marks the last day of fasting month this year and I've been to the bazaar in Geylang and Jurong West once each. Definitely more than enough because the only reason I went there is to get the green packets and to fulfill my cravings. I loveeee Roti Boyan (especially when the sweet chilli sauce are spicier than normal!), Vadai and Nasi Ambeng very much. Cmon, you guys should know how much I love rice right? Haha. Oh and not forgetting kerepok lekor and dengdeng as well! All these yums that I get to savour once a year are like a must have at least once!

A good feast with Kak Norfa at Swenses after work was indeed a need as we've been postponing our dinner date for god knows how many times hahaha. We ordered individual mains and hell yeah I was very happy with my Black Pepper Seafood Pasta (it's bahang nak mampos = super shiok pleaseee!). Sides was the chicken wings that's deep fried and their NY fries needs no introduction okay? I eat that with tons of tartar sauce. LOVE it!

Okay I think I kinda talked too much about food hahaha but I can't help it! :P 
Anyway, on a Wednesday night iftar was with Renny at supposingly Eighteen Chefs but the queue was freaking longgggg. Thus a detour to Pastamania. Haha. Walked over to Taka for Laduree and after boxes of it, I finally paid for my own set of macarons! I can't believe I'm addicted to something that I never thought I'd like. But oh wells.. :) Aisyah met us for some coffee (though she was supposed to join us for dins but due to her flight delay), it was just more laughter and drinks till late. Nonetheless, always a crazy time with them two.
Who knew strangers could get together and click so well?

No comments:

Post a Comment