}

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Day 1 in Ho Chi Minh City

#1 reason why I'm writing these post down is because I miss traveling so much. I would totally have gone somewhere if I actually had nothing to care about but with the recent things happening at home, I'm left with no choice but to prioritize. Not that I'm feeling sore about it but I choose and have to believe that "God have better plans". Though.. I kinda keep asking god whyyyyy la he keeps testing me in this way. Like hello, just let my solo travel plan happen can anot ah? Give me your blessings lei. Hahahahaha. Okay okay, enough of these talks. Pictures and some captions, if I'm not lazy to further elaborate on my itinerary etc. Ahhh this is like a refresher of Day 1 in Ho Chi Minh City...

Because it's close to the end of the year, I can't remember what time exactly we reached but what I do remember is that the minute we touched down, we got into a metered cab and went straight to our first night's accommodation - Kaiteki Capsule Hotel. It was our first time experiencing in such a stay and was pretty "fascinated" at how everything worked in there. We were each given a capsule to sleep in, a password key for our lock which we store our haversack, clean towel and a small bucket for us to put our toiletries that was never used. I'll explain that later... But you guys need to know that I would stay again in this hotel should this be a one night stay in because it's very clean and the whole process was simple, staff tried their best and the people in there are all very easy going. 


It was already past lunch time and we were both very very very hungry and tryna looks for halal food when you're at a non-halal district was not thatttt easy. On second thoughts, it's not that difficult. We were just picky hahahahhaa. But I'm glad we were picky because this restaurant - Baba's Kitchen, that we settled for, was AWESOME. I love it!! And the fact that I'm typing these down, makes me stomach grumble. Or maybe it's close to myyyy lunch time at work la hahahaha.


  Yes it's non other than Indian food and NO REGRETS. I'd give a 10 out of 10 for the Fish Malabar and the service rendered was even better. Heck, I'd give 100/100 for all the food what we chose on the menu. The second photo you see is some kind of a dessert and it was given out for free because they simply wanted us to give it a try. Verdict: Not bad at all! Sweet yet savoury at the same time. I forgot what it's called but the taste was nutty and significant. It was served hot as well! We were lucky that the owner was in and he kindly explained that the spices they got are all from India. Ahhh anything authentic are always a hit.

Thereafter, we went to the The Sinh Tourist which was recommended by Tripadvisor (of course righttt) Ps: Please just get your bookings done there and not online. You'll save a hell lot of money. Back to the story, we thought we were at the wrong street but damnn it was just in front of us and we couldn't see it! Even got "scolded" when we asked an auntie on the streets to direct us to the sop number hahahahaa. Anyway started to book the things we would like to experience while in Vietnam. Because we had no time for the Mekong River, we settled for Cu Ci Tunnel and learnt a lotttt about what happened during the Vietnam war. Our guide spoke good English, our van was clean but the only thing we didn't enjoy was how loud the American boys were. Eg: They could talk for hours in the mini van with almost no break in between. Merepek dan memekak. Ikotkan hati, nak suroh diam aje but too bad, they are so strong in numbers. -_- 


We are actually exhausted because omgggg the 100m crawl, slide and climb plus the additional 3m deep down in the tunnel sure as hell turn our legs to jelly. But it was nice when we got to eat the ubi (pardon me, but I can't recall what it is in English!!) and we dip it in this sugar peanuts thingy for some flavour. It was nice. I mean.. If you're hungry, everything's nice right? HAHA.

Oh yes, earlier I mentioned that I'll explain to you why the bucket that was given to us to put our toiletries weren't use. This was why - NO WATER IN THE CAPSULE HOTEL. Yupp I kid you not. They said there was some kinda trouble trying to pump water up to the all the floors and there were some who left the hotel, asking for refunds and moved to a different hotel. Us? We thought the problem would be rectified when we came back at night, at about 10pm. But nooooo there was none. Imagine us sweaty, probably smelly and disgusted with ourselves. Like helloooo, Cu Ci Tunnel ain't exactly a breeze in the park okay. Sooooooooo, we ended up knocking at different massage and spa places asking if we could use their toilet to shower. HAHAHAHA. Thank god some kind soul allowed us to do so but as long as we took up their massage services. By the time we were done, it was close to 1am? Idk, it was just really quiet and pretty scary because by then there was almost no more tourists and we two girls had to walkkk back to the hotel.

But you know, doing something out of the ordinary is always f-u-n.

NEXT MORNING, WATER WAS AVAILABLE BUT WE DID NOT SHOWER BECAUSE WE DID NOT FACTOR TIME FOR IT. JUST BRUSHED TEETH, CLEANSE OUR FACES AND STRAIGHT TO MEETING POINT FOR OUR SLEEPER BUS. YES, IN OUR PJS. HEHEEHEHE SO NICEEE. #dontbejudgemental

No comments:

Post a Comment