}

Tuesday 9 October 2012

"If the future seems overwhelming, remember that it comes one moment at a time."














My grandma's eldest sister was admitted due to a heart attack and therefore we drove up on one of the Saturdays and came back on Sunday. It was definitely tiring, for my aunt especially because it was her car and she was the main driver. I wished I could be abit more of a help but I can't because I'm not used to driving overseas. Plus, my Dad didn't give the green light. 
So.. I guess it's best to listen and don't anyhow step terror (and step mane punye race at ze highway). HAHA.




Till now, I wished we had stayed in this Peranakan/Baba Boutique Hotel. It's called Hotel Puri Melaka fyi. It's a lovely place (right smack in Jonker Street/Walk) or perhaps I'm just biased because I have a thing for anything Malay+Chinese heritage. If you must know, I wanted to marry a Peranakan when I was at the age of 14-16? Hahaha. In fact, I have a few other weird requirements for my life partner but I shan't reveal just yet. :P






The number 1 reason why we didn't stay in the earlier boutique hotel was because there was only 1 small room available and the fact that we are beat tired + it was already close to 10pm,  we 5 ladies ended up at Holiday Inn. We got 2 huge rooms and again, I wished they would allow us all to fit into one room. To pay for such a huge amount just for a night stay, didn't seem so ... But it's okay la hor. Not as if I forked out a single RM. Hahaha.




DID I MENTIONED WE WERE DAMN HUNGRY!? ROOM SERVICE IT WAS.
And I personally think I can get better tasting food somewhere else that's cheaper but thank god the buffet breakfast wasn't disappointing! :)



 My roommates! XOXO.


When it comes to buffet, it's best to take a lot of different food but all in small amounts. I admit I could have tried more but there really isn't any more space in my tummy. What a waste right? :( What you see above was all I managed to swallow. Hehh. If there's one thing I'd go for again, definitely the pancake with maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar thingy and ALL the pastries. Okay that's more than one but the buffet breakfast, was GOOD and.. Worth the price. Though again, I don't know how much it was per head. Lol. *a pang of regrets right now for not not trying it out all or atleast, 1/2 of what's served.*




Kesian my nenek. Always close her eyes when I snap. Hehehe sayang sayang!




Ps; That's a fake complexion. I have lots of heat bumps on my forehead and pimples at the side of my cheeks. Just thought you all should know. So atleast when you see me outside/real life, you won't get a shock. Hahaha.





It was pretty much time to say goodbye to Holiday Inn Melaka. Definitely a good stay, especially if you had not made any prior bookings or it was just a last minute plan to sleepover (like us hehh). The rooms were extremely clean and the bed was awesome/comfy/soft everything la. I mean, it is a 4* hotel afterall.







The chocolate donut looks extremely appetizing but.. I didn't get it because I was watching my waistline. HAH right. Was too full and don't think packing it would be a good idea because the weather outside was crazy hot. 



 We managed to sneak in abit of shopping before the visiting hours are open to the public. The dodol, wajik, keropok, cincalok and whatnots are all so cheap la. Not forgetting the selendang/shawls for my mom and aunts, it's sold at 3 times less than in SG. Definitely a good bargain! (Y)




"If knowing that someone cares
helps the healing process...
...then you should be
feeling better already."






No photography is allowed but I can't help it but to snap a few. I love how spacious and huge the mosque was. But what I loved more was that everything (mostly the interior) was decked in nothing but white marble and gold wordings against black, lots of it. It's super nice and I wished I had snapped more proper photos of the place.


Besides my perasaan self shots in the car, we had to go for the Macds drive thru because there wasn't any time for us to get a seat and eat properly. So we stopped somewhere along the highway right after paying the toll thingy and ate in the car. Lol.



It's really awesome how Malaysia's chilli sauce (should have kope more and bring back! Hahaha.) and chicken patty is really hot and spicy and the burger I had as above, could do better with more meat and less flour. But beggars can't be choosers!
Hahaha k bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment